Digital imaging is not new to plastic surgery, and it continues to be an important tool for surgeons to help communicate with their patients, aligning their ideas of what the outcomes of a procedure will be. However, with new selfie technology and heightened levels of personal scrutiny, patients’ ideas of what they want to look like can be unrealistic, and sometimes even indicate that a person may be suffering from body dysmorphia. In today’s episode, Dr. Davis is discussing the importance of understanding new selfie technology, and how it can create opportunities for important discussions between plastic surgeons and patients.
More Podcasts From Dr. Davis
- The Most Important Step in Your Quest to Look Your BEST
- This Ain’t Your Mother’s Tummy Tuck…
- What Does Simon Biles and Plastic Surgery Have in Common?
- “Do-It-Yourself” Plastic Surgery…?
- What To Do About Aging Lips