Digital imaging is not new to plastic surgery, and it continues to be an important tool for surgeons to help communicate with their patients, aligning their ideas of what the outcomes of a procedure will be. However, with new selfie technology and heightened levels of personal scrutiny, patients’ ideas of what they want to look like can be unrealistic, and sometimes even indicate that a person may be suffering from body dysmorphia. In today’s episode, Dr. Davis is discussing the importance of understanding new selfie technology, and how it can create opportunities for important discussions between plastic surgeons and patients.
More Podcasts From Dr. Davis
- Can Plastic Surgery Improve Your Health?
- How to Fix C-Section Scars, Stretch Marks and Other Annoying Issues
- The Plastic Surgery Dilemma
- Discussing Jeuveau ™ with Evolus CEO & President David Moatazedi
- What are the Differences Between Facial Fillers