It’s the end of the summer and that means it’s time to get back to your beauty routine. Not sure where to start? We’ve put together this checklist to help guide you through the recommended steps you should take to maintain your skin’s health and beauty!
Step 1: Skin Screening
While most of us are primarily concerned with improving how our skin looks after months of sun exposure (dehydrated, fine lines, wrinkles, discoloration), the first step to taking care of your skin is a skin cancer screening. Here’s why:
- UV exposure from the sun is directly linked to all forms of skin cancer.
- 1 in 5 Americans will be diagnosed with skin cancer during their lifetime.
- 2 million of us are diagnosed with one or more forms of skin cancer every year, including actinic keratosis (AK), basal cell carcinoma (BCC), squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) and melanoma.
Need more motivation? We didn’t think so.
Step 2: Erase the Damage
No one wants fine lines, wrinkles and sun spots—all characteristic signs of sun damage. But if you spend time in the sun (especially during the summer months), chances are you not only have these signs of premature aging, but they become more apparent with each passing year. Thankfully, you don’t have to live with sun damaged skin. Two great skin rejuvenating options include:
- A chemical peel on view My Botox LA Med Spa page or series of chemical peels, which can literally be used to scrub away the dead skin cells that contribute to the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and superficial skin discolorations. The result? Smooth, clear, glowing skin!
- For those deeper, more stubborn age spots, sun spots and freckles, we recommend a series of IPL (intense pulsed light) treatments. IPL can also be used to treat broken capillaries on the face.
Step 3: Support Your Skin
A key component to beautiful skin is good daily skin care. At a minimum, use a full-spectrum SPF every day (not just during the summer months) and a nightly retinol to continue to enhance skin cell turnover and keep your skin fresh and glowing.
Your Skin Repair Checklist:
✓ Skin Cancer Screening
✓ Chemical Peel, IPL
✓ SPF, Retinol
Call today to schedule your skin cancer screening and to plan your treatment course with our skin experts for full skin rejuvenation! 856.424.1700