You’ve probably heard the expression, “Timing is everything.” As in work, relationships, and other areas of life, the same is true for patients who are thinking about plastic surgery. Often, patients will consult their plastic surgeon about one or several procedures they are thinking about, but they may not give a complete picture of their life and plans in the future, which can have significant impacts on how a procedure looks over time. When thinking about having plastic surgery, it is important to include plastic surgeons in full, comprehensive discussions that include other time-dependent factors in a patient’s life, so that they can help decide if now is the right time to have a procedure, and, if it is, what other considerations might need to be observed to make sure the patient is happy with the result.
More Podcasts From Dr. Davis
- The Most Important Step in Your Quest to Look Your BEST
- This Ain’t Your Mother’s Tummy Tuck…
- What Does Simon Biles and Plastic Surgery Have in Common?
- “Do-It-Yourself” Plastic Surgery…?
- What To Do About Aging Lips