Healthy Hair Facts:
- Did you know that a healthy head consists of up to 100,000 hairs?
- 90 percent of the hair on your head is growing if your hair is healthy.
- It is normal for 80 to 100 hairs to come out on a daily basis.
Here are some tips to achieve healthy hair:
– Do you brush your hair before washing it? Doing so will help prevent tangle during and after washing and will help to remove dirt.
– If you need another excuse to pamper yourself, you should massage your scalp gently while you wash and even when it’s dry to promote circulation.
– Only wash your hair as often as needed. If you hair only needs to be washed twice a week, that’s perfectly fine. If you feel your hair needs to be washed every day because it’s dirty, then wash away!
– Rinse with cool water. Did you know a cool rinse will seal the cuticles in your hair?
– Blow drying your hair takes the moisture from your hair. Moisture is vital to your hair’s health. Whenever possible, let your hair air dry after squeezing out the excess water and blotting with a towel.
– Wet hair is much easier to damage than dry hair. That’s why you should wait until your hair dries to brush it and make sure to avoid plastic brushes that increase breakage.
– Excess heat damages hair. This includes blow drying, sun exposure curling irons and flat irons. Whenever possible, avoid these levels of heat.
– Deep condition your hair at least once every other month to give it a moisture boost and help repair damaged hair.
– Did you know vinegar, especially apple vinegar, adds great shine to your locks? Time for a vinegar rinse!
– Getting a trim is vital to your hair’s health! We recommend having your hair trimmed at least once a month to avoid split ends and help keep your hair growing.
These tips are important for all hair types. Breakages, dryness and heat damage all hair. Some of these tips might be a little hard to follow, especially if your style requires a flat iron or the thought of cold water in your shower makes you shiver. However, we recommend incorporating as many of these tips into your hair routine as possible.
If you appreciated these tips, “like” us on Facebook for more information and tips on how to stay beautiful!