“Listen as Dr. Steven Davis (from Davis Cosmetic Plastic Surgery) discusses how more men are partaking in botox and fillers!”
Air Date: 6/19/21 Video Credit: FOX29
- So as you know, we’re taking the show on the road here at the African American Museum, recognizing Juneteenth, but it’s also Men’s Health Awareness Week. So, we wanna take a look at the trends that men are doing to look and feel better, especially as more of us ditch the mask and return to the office. So, I’m joined now by board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Steven Davis. Dr. Davis, good morning. Thanks for spending some time with us.
- Good morning. Good morning, how you doing?
- Doing well, thank you. So, you say that you’re seeing lots of men kind of making a pit stop for a subtle touch-up. What kinda tweaks are men doing these days?
- Well, I think, you know, kinda going back to seeing people, your clients, your coworkers, you may have to start ditching the scrubs or the sweatpants that you’re wearing at home and you’re gonna go see people. So, I think one of the first things I can tell you is that men have decided that Botox is definitely not just for women and they’re coming in and they’re getting stuff done and if it’s done properly, you can make a very subtle change and just make you look more refreshed. So, that’s one.
- So, men are calling it Brotox now. It’s the male Botox.
- That’s exactly right.
- Just a little dose. What’s a hallow healer?
- Yeah, well, here’s the thing. You know, so many of you and I see it myself, you start to see patients that are coming in that have a lot of deep hollows underneath their eyes and a lot of it stems from just having some fat pockets there, but facial fillers are like magic and literally, if it’s placed in the proper location, you can camouflage those deep hollows that are underneath the eyes. It’s pretty amazing how that looks and it just takes that tiredness away and since we’re talking about that tiredness, let me hit you with another thing. We’ve been doing a lot of these halo laser treatments, and it can be done in a very subtle fashion, but what we’re doing is that we’re getting the skin that looks dull, that looks aged, and we’re taking off that old dead dried skin cells and it just makes the skin look so much brighter and refreshed. That’s an easy fix and especially when you’re not able to put like your phone on a filter or your Zoom on some sort of a filter. Now you’re seeing people in real time and in person, just having a little bit more confidence in how you feel about yourself and how your skin looks. It can even go way after acne scars and things like that that a lot of guys come in to talk about and I’ll hit you with one more.
- Finally, go ahead. We gotta do that one quickly.
- The neck. Everybody’s coming in because they’re having to finally button the collar of their shirt and if over the course of time, you haven’t been eating so great, sometimes we can just liposuction that area and make the jawline and the neck very sharp and we do that in the office called flash liposuction. So, it allows me to take away that extra fat that may have accumulated there over these past few months.
- I like it. We can refresh ourselves, as well. Doc, we appreciate you spending time with us. This is all I got, but maybe at some point, we’ll come and see you. You have a good one.
- You’re looking very good. You’re looking good. Buh-bye.
- I appreciate that.
Dr. Steven Davis of Davis Cosmetic Plastic Surgery in Cherry Hill, New Jersey wants to ensure the comfort of all patients, which begins with education. We hope our video series can provide useful information for those with upcoming appointments or interested in the behind-the-scenes action of plastic surgery.
If you want more content in audio format, please check out The Plastic Surgery Revolution. Also, check out Dr. Steven Davis on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter!