“Jamie Wallace runs five miles a day and exercises with a trainer to lose the weight she put on during quarantine. While she’s made progress, she says she can’t seem to get rid of stubborn bra fat. She isn’t alone, according to Dr. Steven Davis of New Jersey. He says women come into his office all the time complaining about how they can’t get rid of the extra skin in that area. For people like Jamie, who hate needles, Davis recommends a nonsurgical procedure he calls “fire and ice.”’ – Inside Edition
- [Narrator] She got rid of the dreaded “quarantine 15,” except for one problem area.
- You can see this fat hanging over.
- [Narrator] Jamie Wallace runs five miles a day and exercises with a trainer.
- And squeeze in, perfect, good.
- [Narrator] But she still can’t get rid of stubborn bra fat.
- It’s got to go.
- Hi, how are you?
- Hi Dr. Davis, how are you?
- Good, nice to see you
- Come on in
- [Narrator] Dr. Steven Davis of Cherry Hill, New Jersey says Jamie isn’t alone.
- This right here is what I’m seeing all the women coming in to talk about. No matter how much exercising that you’re doing, this skin and this little bit of fat really doesn’t go away.
- I’m embarrassed of it.
- [Narrator] She also hates needles, So Dr. Davis recommends a non-surgical procedure he calls, Fire and Ice.
- The first part of it is really freezing the fat and literally killing those fat cells. The second part is, I’m using really hot energy that’s gonna go into the skin and cause that skin to shrink and tighten.
- [Narrator] Dr. Davis marks the problem zones.
- This is more of the central area, almost like the bullseye of the whole thing.
- I’m very excited.
- [Narrator] Step one freeze the fat cells into ice-like crystals.
- It really does just go after the fat. It’s not gonna hurt the skin, It’s not gonna hurt the muscle that’s surrounding it, it’s not gonna hurt any of the other tissues. Is that the way it feels?
- It’s cold but it’s refreshing.
- [Narrator] Now, step two, Dr. Davis uses a radio frequency device that blasts penetrating heat to liquefy the fat crystals and also tighten the skin.
- The fat gets excreted by your body, over the course of the next three to four weeks.
- [Narrator] The left side hasn’t gotten the heat yet. Now look at the right side.
- This area here, is flatter. I can’t even squeeze this anymore. There’s no surgery, there’s no downtime. She could literally go back to like exercising later on today.
- [Narrator] Jamie is ready to check out her results. Even right after the procedure, you can see the difference.
- Wow, that’s a huge difference. They used to hang over.
Dr. Steven Davis of Davis Cosmetic Plastic Surgery in Cherry Hill, New Jersey wants to ensure the comfort of all patients, which begins with education. We hope our video series can provide useful information for those with upcoming appointments or interested in the behind-the-scenes action of plastic surgery.
If you want more content in audio format, please check out The Plastic Surgery Revolution. Also, check out Dr. Steven Davis on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter!